On this week’s podcast, we feature Bill Ratner’s essay, “The Archiving of an I Love Lucy Bit-Part Player,” which was the First Runner-up of our 2011 Audio Competition in the Prose category. Bill Ratner is a seven-time winner of The Moth Story Slams in Los Angeles. He is a voice on movie trailers, documentaries and computer games, and the cartoon voice of Flint on G.I. Joe, Robot Chicken, and Family Guy. His essays and short fiction are published in The Armor Fati, Pleiades, Southern Anthology, Spork, NiteBlade.com, National Cheng Kung Literary, Paper Maché Press, TV Marquee, and Coast Magazine. (Bill’s uncle, Robert Jellison, actually played the role of Bobby the Bellboy on I Love Lucy.) More of Bill’s stories can be found on billratner.com
Our Current Issue
Featuring the winners of the 2014 Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize and work by Kai Carlson-Wee, Kerry Hardie, Jill Kandel, David Lee, Monica McFawn, Brian Van Reet, Melissa Yancy and Dave Zoby.
- 2014 Audio Contest Winner: in Audio Documentary Abby Wendle and Sarah Geis
- First Books Month: Fiona McFarlane Reads from and Talks About The Night Guest
- First Books Month: Anne-Marie Thompson Reads from and Talks about Audiation
- First Books Month: Michael Piafsky Reads from and Talks about All the Happiness You Deserve
- First Books Month: Kate Sweeney Reads from and Talks about American Afterlife