Editors’ Prize Contest
Online Submission Form
In order to submit your manuscript online, you will first be asked for a payment of $23 through the University of Missouri’s secure server. This fee will cover your $20 entry fee plus $3 for electronic processing and printing of your manuscript. Then you will be directed to a page where you may upload your file in either DOC, RTF, PDF, or TXT format.
How Online Contest Submission Works:
- First, you should prepare the file containing your manuscript for submission. Your file MUST be in DOC, RTF, PDF, or TXT format. If you are submitting poetry, all of the poems you are submitting (up to 10 pages) should be in ONE file: the reading fee covers the submission of a single file. Multiple files will require multiple reading fees.
- You must exit your word processing application before beginning the submission process! If the file is open in a program when you attempt to submit it, the submission will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- When you click on the “Secure Submission” link below, you will be directed to a shopping cart page that will have the $20 contest fee + the $3 online reading fee already selected for you.
- You will continue on to the University’s secure server to enter your credit card information. It may take as long as a minute for your credit card to be verified when you complete this form. Please be patient!
- When you have completed the credit card payment form, your web browser will be authorized to access our submission upload page. DO NOT close you browser or use the “Back” button during this remainder of the submission procedure. Doing so may prematurely cancel your authorization to submit and your submission will not be received.
- Complete the instructions on the submission upload page. Due to the volume of submissions near the contest deadline, this process may take several minutes. You should see a follow-up screen that acknowledges that your upload was received. Some broswer security options will block this window. Do not panic if you don’t see it. You should also receive an e-mail confirmation within a few hours of submitting.
- If you experience difficulties uploading your file, don’t panic; please wait for us to contact you. We check all submissions against the recorded payments; if we find that your manuscript was not completely uploaded, we will contact you with instructions for an alternative upload method.
Please click the button below to proceed.