Reviews | July 17, 2011
Growing Up PK
Featuring reviews of:
- Trespassers Will Be Baptized: The Unordained Memoir of a Preacher’s Daughter, by Elizabeth Hancock. Center Street Press, 2008, 288 pp., $9.99 (Kindle edition).
- Easter Everywhere, by Darcy Steinke. Bloomsbury, 2008, 240 pp., $14.95 (paper).
- Vows: The Story of a Priest, a Nun, and Their Son, by Peter Manseau. Free Press, 2006, 416 pp., $15.
- A River Runs Through It, by Norman MacLean. University of Chicago Press, 2001, 239 pp., $12 (paper).
- The Preacher’s Boy, by Terry Pringle. Algonquin, 1988, 280 pp.
- Mama’s Boy, Preacher’s Son, by Kevin Jennings. Beacon, 2006. 267 pp., $9.99 (Kindle edition).
If you are a student, faculty member, or staff member at an institution whose library subscribes to Project Muse, you can read this piece and the full archives of the Missouri Review for free. Check this list to see if your library is a Project Muse subscriber.
Want to read more?Subscribe Today
SEE THE ISSUE
May 16 2022
Death & Co: The Contemporary Elegy and Poetry of Mourning in a Season of Grief
Death & Co.: The Contemporary Elegy and the Poetry of Mourning in a Season of Grief Andrew Mulvania Obit by Victoria Chang. Copper Canyon press, 2020, 120 pp., $17
Dec 19 2021
New and Recent Southern Writing
New and Recent Southern WritingBy Samuel Pickering Hieroglyphics by Jill McCorkle. Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 2020. 312 pp., $26.95 (hardcover). Kudzu Telegraph by John Lane. Hub City Press, 2008.
Aug 18 2021
Intersectionality and Identity: Four Recent Women’s Memoirs
Four Memoirs Lisa Katz Memorial Drive: A Daughter’s Memoir by Natasha Trethewey. Ecco Press, 2020, 224 pp., $16.99 (paper). Terroir: Love, Out of Place by Natasha Sajé. Trinity University Press, 2020, 207