Reviews | July 17, 2011
Growing Up PK
Featuring reviews of:
- Trespassers Will Be Baptized: The Unordained Memoir of a Preacher’s Daughter, by Elizabeth Hancock. Center Street Press, 2008, 288 pp., $9.99 (Kindle edition).
- Easter Everywhere, by Darcy Steinke. Bloomsbury, 2008, 240 pp., $14.95 (paper).
- Vows: The Story of a Priest, a Nun, and Their Son, by Peter Manseau. Free Press, 2006, 416 pp., $15.
- A River Runs Through It, by Norman MacLean. University of Chicago Press, 2001, 239 pp., $12 (paper).
- The Preacher’s Boy, by Terry Pringle. Algonquin, 1988, 280 pp.
- Mama’s Boy, Preacher’s Son, by Kevin Jennings. Beacon, 2006. 267 pp., $9.99 (Kindle edition).
If you are a student, faculty member, or staff member at an institution whose library subscribes to Project Muse, you can read this piece and the full archives of the Missouri Review for free. Check this list to see if your library is a Project Muse subscriber.
Want to read more?Subscribe Today
SEE THE ISSUE
Jun 02 2021
Review: May I Be Frank? Further Hideous Progeny of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
May I Be Frank? Further Hideous Progeny of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein Kate McIntyre Frankenstein in Bagdad by Ahmed Saadawi, Jonathan Wright trans. Penguin Books, 2018, 281 pp., $16 (paper). Frankissstein
Mar 01 2021
Review: Collected in 2020–Recent Essay and Story Collections of Note
Collected in 2020—Recent Essay and Story Collections of Note Sam Pickering Scott Russell Sanders, The Way of Imagination: Essays. Counterpoint, 2020, 259 pp., $16.95. Paperback. Megan Harlan, Mobile Home: A
Dec 11 2020
Review: Why, Oh Why, Poetry? On Recent Prose about Poetry and the Future of the Art
Why, Oh Why, Poetry?: On Recent Prose about Poetry and the Future of the Art Andrew Mulvania Why Poetry by Matthew Zapruder. Ecco, 2017, 256 pp., $24.99 (hardcover). The