Reviews | September 23, 2014
Unmothers: Women Writing About Life Without Children
Featuring reviews of:
- No Kidding: Women Writers on Bypassing Parenthood edited by Henriette Mantel with aforeword by Jennifer Coolidge. Seal Press, 2013, 248 pp., $16 (paperback; also available in e-book format).
- Otherhood: Modern Women Finding a New Kind of Happiness by Melanie Notkin. Seal Press, 2014, 320 pp., $24 (hardcover; also available in e-book format).
- I Can Barely Take Care of Myself: Tales from a Happy Life Without Kids by Jen Kirkman.
- Simon and Schuster, 2013, 224 pp., $22 (hardcover; also available in paperback and e-book formats).
- New Life, No Instructions: A Memoir by Gail Caldwell. Random House, 2014, 177 pp., $23 (hardcover; also available in e-book and audio formats).
If you are a student, faculty member, or staff member at an institution whose library subscribes to Project Muse, you can read this piece and the full archives of the Missouri Review for free. Check this list to see if your library is a Project Muse subscriber.
Want to read more?Subscribe Today
SEE THE ISSUE
May 16 2022
Death & Co: The Contemporary Elegy and Poetry of Mourning in a Season of Grief
Death & Co.: The Contemporary Elegy and the Poetry of Mourning in a Season of Grief Andrew Mulvania Obit by Victoria Chang. Copper Canyon press, 2020, 120 pp., $17
Dec 19 2021
New and Recent Southern Writing
New and Recent Southern WritingBy Samuel Pickering Hieroglyphics by Jill McCorkle. Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 2020. 312 pp., $26.95 (hardcover). Kudzu Telegraph by John Lane. Hub City Press, 2008.
Aug 18 2021
Intersectionality and Identity: Four Recent Women’s Memoirs
Four Memoirs Lisa Katz Memorial Drive: A Daughter’s Memoir by Natasha Trethewey. Ecco Press, 2020, 224 pp., $16.99 (paper). Terroir: Love, Out of Place by Natasha Sajé. Trinity University Press, 2020, 207