Uncategorized | October 02, 2015
Contest Deadline is Extended to October 15th
Couldn’t submit in time? No problem! I would like to announce that we have officially decided to extend the deadline for our Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize in Fiction, Essay, and Poetry until October 15th at midnight Central Time!
Submitting to the Editors’ Prize is easy: go to our Submissions page, upload your best story, essay, or group of poems, pay the entry fee, and, voila!, you’re done! All entrants receive a one-year subscription to The Missouri Review, and our winners will be published in our Spring 2016 issue. Enter today!
The complete guidelines are listed below:
Not Just Any Contest!
Select winning entries in the past have been reprinted in the Best American series.
$5,000 Fiction | $5,000 Poetry | $5,000 Essay
Extended Deadline: October 15th, 2015
▪ Page restrictions: Please include no more than 25 typed, double-spaced pages for fiction and nonfiction. Poetry entries can include any number of poems up to 10 pages in total. Each story, essay, or group of poems constitutes one entry.
▪ Entry fee: $20 for each entry (make checks payable to The Missouri Review). Each fee entitles the entrant to a one-year subscription to TMR in print or digital format (for a free sample of a digital issue, go here!), an extension of a current subscription, or a gift subscription. Please enclose a complete address for subscriptions.
▪ Entry instructions for mailed entries: Include the printable contest entry form. On the first page of each submission, include author’s name, address, e-mail and telephone number. Entries must be previously unpublished and will not be returned. We accept simultaneous submissions but ask for immediate notification if the piece is accepted for publication elsewhere. Mark the outside of the envelope “Fiction,” “Essay,” or “Poetry.” Each entry in a separate category must be mailed in a separate envelope. Enclose a #10 SASE or e-mail address for an announcement of winners. Entries will not be returned.
▪ Eligibility: Previous winners of the Editors’ Prize and previous employees of TMR are ineligible. Previous finalists, however, may enter again.
▪ Mailing address: Missouri Review Editors’ Prize /357 McReynolds Hall/ University of Missouri Columbia, MO 65211
▪ What Are You Waiting For? Enter Online Now!
Download the entry form for print submissions.
The winners will be announced in January 2016.
If you have any questions regarding the Editors’ Prize Contest, please feel free to e-mail us at:email@example.com.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity! Best of luck, and I look forward to reading your work.
SEE THE ISSUE
Poem of the Week
Sep 26 2022
“Sports Cards” by Jose Hernandez Diaz
This week’s Poem of the Week is “Sports Cards” by Jose Hernandez Diaz. Jose Hernandez Diaz is a 2017 NEA Poetry Fellow. He is the author of the chapbook, The
Poem of the Week
Sep 19 2022
“Blackberry Jam” by Sunni Brown Wilkinson
This week’s Poem of the Week is “Blackberry Jam” by Sunni Brown Wilkinson. Sunni Brown Wilkinson’s most recent work is featured or forthcoming in On the Seawall, New Ohio Review,
Poem of the Week
Sep 12 2022
“Lethologica” by Tianyu Yi
This week’s Poem of the Week is “Lethologica” by Tianyu Yi. Tianyu Yi is the Wiley Birkhofer Fellow at the NYU MFA in Creative Writing Program, where she is one