Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize
$5,000 Fiction | $5,000 Nonfiction | $5,000 Poetry
Winners receive publication, invitation to a reception and reading in their honor, and a cash prize.
- Submit one piece of fiction or nonfiction up to 8,500 words or any number of poems up to 10 pages. Please double-space fiction and nonfiction entries.
- Multiple submissions and simultaneous submissions are welcome, but you must pay a separate fee for each entry and withdraw the piece immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Entries must be previously unpublished.
- Standard Entry fee: $25. Each entrant receives a one-year subscription to the Missouri Review in digital format (normal price $24) and a digital copy of the fourth title in our imprint, TMR Books, Strange Encounters, a short story anthology by former Editors’ Prize-winners and contributors (normal price $14.95).
- “All Access” Entry fee: $30. In addition to the one-year digital subscription to the Missouri Review and Brown’s collection, the “All Access” entry fee grants access to the last 10 years of digital issues and the audio recordings of each digital issue.
- Previous winners of the Editors’ Prize and current University of Missouri students and faculty are ineligible.
- Previous Editors’ Prize finalists are welcome to enter again.
October 1, 2020
Winners will be announced in early 2021.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com